Headlines News :
Home » » CONDITIONAL SENTENCE

CONDITIONAL SENTENCE



TYPE 1.
used to express situations based on fact in the present or future (things which may happen).
Form: if + Simple Present, will-Future

For example :
“ If I find your book, I’ll tell you soon”
It means that she feels there is a possibility that she will find the book. So she says, If I find…., I’ll….

TYPE 2.
A. used to express unreal situations in the present or future. Often used to express a wish.
Form : if + Simple Past, Conditional I (= would + Infinitive)

For example :
If I had more time, I would do more on my websites. = I would do more on my websites, if I had more time. (I don't have more time - therefore the condition is unreal). It means that the real situation is that she doesn’t have enough time.
B. It use to show the imagine situation that doesn’t expect to be real.
For example :
“ if I found a baby in the street, I would call the police”
This is different situation, here speaker is not thinking about real possibility, she is imagining the situation and doesn’t expect to find the baby. So, she says If I found…, I’d.. But the meaning is not past.

TYPE 3.
used to describe a condition when we wishing something, but that’s impossible to be happened.
Form : if + Past Perfect, Conditional II (= would + have + Past Participle)

For example :
1. If I had known your mother was died, I would have never ask about her.
It means that I didn’t know her mother was died.

I WISH WOULD.
1. WOULD.
A. We use would when we imagine a situation or action
EX: I would be happy to have a holiday but we can’t afford it.
B. You can use would when you talk about things that happened regularly in the past
EX : Whenever Teddy was sad, he would cry all day long.
2. I WISH…WOULD…
A. We use I wish..wouldn’t to complaining about things people do repeatedly.
EX : I wish you wouldn’t disturbing me!
B. We use I wish..would for actions and changes , not situation.
EX : I wish somebody would buy me a car

oleh: LGMTU
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. aryabudii - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger